Deep fried pizza dough balls. Sweet Fried Pizza Dough Balls – Recipe. Italians are crazy about pizza and, when it comes to Carnival time, also about frying pretty much everything. Near naples the "pizza fritta" or deep fried pizza is one of the best dishes ever and it's really easy to replicate the same recipe for making sweet.
Deep-fried pizza is a dish consisting of a pizza that instead of being baked in an oven is deep-fried, resulting in a different flavor and nutritional profile. This technique is known in both Scotland and Italy, but there are numerous differences between the Scottish and Italian variants. Thats exactly what they are, fried Pizza dough, make a dough, but not too dry, drop them in Hot oil, drain, you can stuff them with broccoli rabe, mozzarella, any, it Naples, they make them with sea algae, that would be hard to find. You can cook Deep fried pizza dough balls using 5 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Deep fried pizza dough balls
- Prepare 500 g of plain flour.
- You need 25 g of fresh yeast.
- Prepare 500 ml of warm water.
- Prepare of Oil for frying (sunflower, veg).
- You need of Salt and dried herbs (I like thyme or rosemary).
My Mother calls them Pizze, but some call them Zeppolini's. Fried pizza balls are easy to make with store-bought dough. Each one is stuffed with pepperoni and cheese for a fun bite-sized pizza snack. This recipe idea came from DH.
Deep fried pizza dough balls step by step
- Mix yeast in water and gently add to flour. Mix constantly. The final consistency should be quite runny. Leave to rise for about 90 mins.
- Heat oil in a large pan or wok on a medium low flame. Using 2 spoons, scoop the dough into the oil and fry until lightly golden. These will need to be done in batches.
- Drain on kitchen paper and serve immediately, adding salt and dried herbs of your choice..
Earlier this month, he was putting away some leftover pizza and contemplated how it would taste deep fried. Making pizza balls is so easy. I then fried my balls and served them with some freshly grated Parmesan cheese and pizza sauce on the side and I must tell you, not only are these balls fun to make but they. Deep Fried Pizza "Donuts": What could be better than pizza? With floured hands, grab a "golf ball sized" amount of dough and flatten it is about.