You can have Rhubarb Dessert using 15 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Rhubarb Dessert
- You need of Crust.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of granulated sugar.
- It’s 1/2 cup of butter.
- It’s of Filling.
- You need 4 of egg yolks.
- Prepare 1 cup of whipping cream.
- It’s 1 3/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 5 tbsp of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 5 cup of finely chopped rhubarb.
- It’s of Meringue.
- Prepare 4 of egg whites.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cream of tartar.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of almond extract.
- Prepare 5 tbsp of granulated sugar.
Rhubarb Dessert step by step
- Mix the ingredients for the crust together in a bowl..
- Pat the mixture into an 11×8 baking pan and bake in the oven at 350 for 10 minutes..
- Mix the egg yolks, whipping cream, sugar, and flour in a mixing bowl..
- Mix in the finely chopped rhubarb..
- Pour the filling on top of the crust and bake in the oven at 350 for 40-45 minutes..
- For the next steps with the meringue, DO NOT USE PLASTIC! This will kill your meringue due to oils in the plastics. Use metal or glass!.
- To make the meringue, add the egg whites, cream of tartar, and almond extract. Beat until foamy..
- Slowly and gradually add the sugar one tablespoon at a time until each tablespoon is completely mixed in before you add the next..
- Using a metal spoon and knife, place the meringue on the baked custard. Add some swirls to make it look nice..
- Finally bake for 10 – 15 minutes at 350..