RHUBARB PIE. Nothing hides the tangy rhubarb in this lovely pie, which has just the right balance of sweet and tart. Rhubarb pie is a pie with a rhubarb filling. Besides diced rhubarb, it almost always contains a large amount of sugar to balance the intense tartness of the plant.
The best rhubarb pie is simple — just rhubarb tossed with a little sugar and something to thicken the filling, enveloped in a flaky pie crust. But, as you likely know, combining a wet filling with a crisp pie. Things like strawberry rhubarb pie, rhubarb crisp, crumble, cake, the whole rhubarb shebang. You can have RHUBARB PIE using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of RHUBARB PIE
- You need 2 tbsp of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1/2 cup of butter.
- It’s 1/3 cup of chopped walnuts.
- It’s 2 1/4 cup of chopped Rhubarb.
- It’s 1 1/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of all-purpose flour.
- You need 3 of egg yolks beaten.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of heavy whipping cream.
To be honest, strawberry rhubarb pie never stood a chance when I was growing up. The Best Easy RHUBARB PIE RECIPES with pictures!, to make home-made rhubarb pies for dessert using fresh or frozen rhubarb! Looking for Rhubarb Pie Recipes for a Rhubarb Dessert Recipe? This rhubarb pie contains no distractions, like strawberries.
RHUBARB PIE step by step
- Preheat oven to 325°F, mix the crust ingredients together and pat into bottom and sides of pie pan. Crust first four ingredients! Flour, sugar, softened or melted butter, walnuts. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- FILLING: bottom five ingredients,mix together these 5 ingredients and save the egg whites in separate bowl for the meringue. Rhubarb, sugar, flour, egg yolks, heavy whipping cream. Pour filling into crust bake 40 minutes..
- When pie is done whip up egg whites and 6 Tbls sugar until you have stiff peaks. Put on top of pie and bake 10-15 minutes until lightly browned. I do mine very lightly.
- Let cool about an hour before cutting or a little longer if u like!.
Because it is so often used in pies, rhubarb is sometimes called "pie plant." For best results, make this pie the day before you plan to serve it. Empty rhubarb and strawberry mixture into the pie tin, evenly distributing the mixture. Strawberry Rhubarb Pie Tested Recipe & Video. Whether eaten plain, with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, or dollop of whipped cream, they. This rhubarb pie showcases spring's eye-twitchingly tart candy in the most magnificent way Lightly spiced and sweetened rhubarb is nestled in your favorite pie crust and baked until thick and jammy.