Spelt Pizza Dough.
You can cook Spelt Pizza Dough using 6 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Spelt Pizza Dough
- It’s 325 g of white spelt flour.
- It’s 3.5 g of fast acting yeast.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of honey.
- It’s 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil.
- You need 160 ml of warm water.
Spelt Pizza Dough step by step
- In a small bowl mix the water, yeast & olive oil. Leave for 10 mins, stirring occasionally..
- Sieve the flour & salt into a stand mixer bowl & stir through..
- With the dough hook on the stand mixer at a slow speed, add the yeast mix gradually followed by the honey..
- Turn the speed up to a medium speed & mix until it has come together in a smooth ball. Add a small bit of water or flour as needed during this stage..
- Once smooth, take the dough out & place it in a clean bowl for proving. It will be sticky! Cover the bowl with cling film or a wet cloth and place in a warm place for 1-2 hours..
- Take the dough out and divide it into 2 or 3 peices, depending on how big you want the pizzas..
- Flour a work surface and shape your dough. As a pizza snob I would strongly advise against using a rolling pin. This will push out the air and the dough will not rise when being cooked, leaving you with a flat & crispy base. Check out this link for tips on stretching dough: https://youtu.be/9f9-xTcKzZo.
- From here add your toppings. Again, as a pizza snob, less is more. I generally use a small amount of pizza sauce, grate some parmesan all over that & then add a little mozzarella, fresh basil & prosciutto..
- Cooking your pizza will depend on what you are using. I have a pizza oven, but if using a regular oven get it as hot as it goes. Use a pizza stone by placing it in the oven an hour before you start to cook the pizza so it gets good and hot. This is what will give the lovely rise and lightness to the dough..