Michael C's Pizza Base Dough.
You can cook Michael C's Pizza Base Dough using 6 ingredients and 18 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Michael C's Pizza Base Dough
- You need 1/4 pints of tepid water.
- You need 1 tsp of sugar.
- It’s 1/2 oz of fresh yeast.
- It’s 8 oz of plain flour, plus extra for working.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 of extra virgin olive oil.
Michael C's Pizza Base Dough instructions
- Pour the water into a bowl..
- Add the sugar and crumble the fresh yeast into the liquid then swirl until the sugar and yeast are dissolved..
- Allow the mixture to stand for 10-15 minutes in a warm place until froth develops on the surface..
- Sift the flour and salt into a large mixing bowl. Make a well in the centre and pour in the yeast/sugar liquid..
- Lightly oil or flour your hands and gradually incorporate the flour and liquid until they bind together..
- Generously sprinkle the work surface with flour. and tip the dough onto the workspace, scraping out any left in the bowl..
- Knead for 5-10 minutes until the dough is smooth, silky, soft and supple..
- Place in a lightly oiled bowl, cover with clingfilm and leave to rise in a warm place for 1 hour..
- Rub your fingers with a little oil or flour and slide your fingers down the side of the bowl, gently lifting the dough, then punch it down again. Repeat the process..
- Divide the dough into 2 equal pieces by pinching it in the middle with your thumb and forefinger..
- Roll each into a ball on the palm of your hand. Place on a lightly floured work surface, then cover each ball with cover each ball with an upturned mixing bowl or a clean damp cloth and ldave to rest for 10-20 minutes before prepping for the pizza pan..
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/425°F. NEVER put a pizza in the oven before it has reached full heat!!!.
- When the dough balls have rested and are soft to touch but not to springy, they are ready to be stretched and spread into pizza trays..
- ALTERNATIVELY, if you don't have proper pizza trays, non stick or lightly oiled baking trays will work..
- To stretch the dough, start with plenty of flour on the workspace and give the dough ball a sharp slap..
- Next, flatten the dough with your fingers using a fair ammount of preasure..
- Spread the dough with a rolling pin, putting a fair bit of preassure on the middle of the rolling pin..
- fold in the edges of your dough to make crusts, dust off any surplus flour and your base is ready!!.