Smothered Chicken Breasts.
You can cook Smothered Chicken Breasts using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Smothered Chicken Breasts
- You need of Chicken.
- You need 4 of Skinless Chicken Breasts.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Season Salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Lemon-pepper Seasoning.
- You need 1 tbsp of Canola Oil.
- Prepare of Topping For Chicken.
- Prepare 4 of Bacon Strips.
- Prepare 1 medium of Onion.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Brown Sugar.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Shredded Cheese.
Smothered Chicken Breasts step by step
- To start, sprinkle chicken with season salt and lemon-pepper. In a large skillet cook the chicken in the canola oil until cooked through. Remove and keep warm..
- In that same skillet, cook the bacon (cut in half to make 8 pieces,) until crisp..
- Drain skillet keeping 2 tablespoons of the juices..
- Add the 2 tablespoons to a skillet, saute the onion and brown sugar until onion is tender and golden brown..
- Place two bacon pieces on top of each chicken. Top with the onion mix, and then shredded cheese (of your choice, I use colby.).
- (from taste of home recipes).