You can cook Pizza Dough using 6 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pizza Dough
- Prepare 2 3/4 cup of bread flour.
- It’s 2 tbsp of dry yeast.
- It’s 1 1/4 cup of warm water (100°f).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of honey or sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 3 tbsp of olive oil.
Pizza Dough step by step
- dissolve honey or sugar in the warm water and stir in the yeast.
- allow to rest for five to ten minutes until mixture is frothy.
- place flour in the bowl of a stand mixer with dough hook attached.
- add salt and olive oil and begin mixing on medium low.
- pour in the frothy yeast mixture and knead for up to ten minutes.
- the dough should be slightly sticky and should only just come away from the bowl when lifted, but should also have a very smooth texture and appearance.
- form into a ball, oil it and place into an oiled bowl, covered with plastic wrap.
- allow to rise for an hour or so, until the dough is about double in volume.
- punch down the dough and separate into three equal portions.
- form each into a ball, then flour them.
- allow them to rise, covered, for another thirty to forty minutes.
- alternatively, doughballs will keep covered and flour in the fridge for three to four days.