Pizza Dough. Jamie Oliver shows you how to make pizza dough at home. An easy and reliable homemade pizza dough recipe is a staple that no budding chef should be without! This is the easiest, BEST pizza dough recipe.
My all-time favorite homemade pizza dough recipe, this recipe has been tried and tested week after week, making the best homemade pizza. My family now likes homemade pizza better than take-out! Combine flour, salt, sugar, and yeast in a large bowl. You can cook Pizza Dough using 6 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pizza Dough
- You need 1 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1 tsp of quick-rising yeast.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of water.
- You need 2 tsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 tbsp of cornmeal.
Mix in oil and warm water. Homemade pizza dough is way easier to make than you might think. Making pizza dough at home couldn't get any easier than with my simple pizza dough recipe. You'll never want to buy or order pizza again.
Pizza Dough step by step
- IN FOOD PROCESSOR, whirl flour, yeast and salt until blended..
- Heat water and oil until hot to touch..
- With motor running, pour over dry ingredients. Whirl until dough forms and starts to collect in a ball, about 1 minute..
- Collect dough into ball; place in lightly oiled bowl, turning to coat dough all over. Cover and let rise in a warm spot until double in bulk, about 1 hour..
- Press down dough; cover and let rest for 5 minutes before rolling into 12-to-14-inch (30 to 35 cm) circle..
- If at any time dough becomes too elastic to roll, cover with a damp clean tea towel and let rest for 5 minutes..
- Sprinkle pizza stone or pan with enough cornmeal to cover; roll dough loosely around rolling pin and unroll over the stone or pan. Readjust pizza shape to round and even thickness..
- Let rest for 5 minutes beforre adding toppings..
- HANDMADE PIZZA DOUGH: In large bowl, whisk flour, yeast and salt until blended..
- Pour in heated water and oil; stir until dough forms, adding a few dribbles more water if needed..
- Gather into ball; on lightly flourred surface, knead until elastic and smooth, about 8 minutes..
- Let rise and roll as above..
Making pizza dough is not the quickest process, but it's easy, and if you are an aficionado of Italian food you now that it's worth the effort to find your best pizza dough recipe, it will reward you with. Plus it is vegan with a gluten-free. Use this dough for any pizza recipe you want to make and follow recipe instructions for shaping and baking times. Pizza is a handmade, flattened dough topped with tomato sauce, cheese, vegetables, proteins, and herbs Products, uncooked Pizzas, dough in a bin (include these when you post your pizza photos). The Neapolitan pizza is characterised by a relatively high edge and a thin center of the pizza.