Rhubarb gin. Wash the rhubarb, trim the stalks and discard the base and any leaves. Put in a large jar with the sugar. How to make rhubarb gin, a complex drink of sour and sweet from the rhubarb, floating on a herby base, with whispers of juniper, lemon and geranium.
Tart rhubarb and gin form the base of this rhubarb elderflower gin cocktail, which is topped off with elderflower for a hint of floral sweetness. Rhubarb & Ginger Gin Liqueur is sweet and fruity, balanced by a delicately warm, spiced finish. A mainstay of kitchen gardens across Scotland and intensely flavoured, rhubarb is the ideal ingredient. You can cook Rhubarb gin using 3 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Rhubarb gin
- You need 1 kg of rhubarb, chopped.
- It’s 400 g of white sugar.
- It’s 70 cl of bottle cheap gin.
Rhubarb gin is shaping up to be the spring's trendiest tipple—and it's simpler than you think to If it sounds intimidating, never fear: making a beautifully pink rhubarb gin is even simpler than making. Put a twist on your summer gin cocktails with this lively Rhubarb Ginger Gin Rickey recipe. A blushing summer sipper that hits all parts of the tongue. My rhubarb ginger gin rickey recipe.
Rhubarb gin instructions
- Put chopped rhubarb and sugar in a large jar, big enough for the gin to be added. Mix, cover and leave for 24 hrs..
- Once the sugar has drawn out the juices from the rhubarb, add the whole bottle of gin (yes, the whole thing!). Close the lid and give the jar a good shake to mix..
- Stare at it longingly for one month..
- Once the long month is over, strain the mixture through muslin (or a clean tea-towel) to remove the flecks of rhubarb. Transfer into glass bottles. The shocking pink colour will fade over time, this is natural and it will still taste just as delicious..
- Serve with ice and tonic..
Rhubarb and Ginger Gin or Rhubarb Ginger Gin is a sort of infused liquor. It is produced commercially by several companies, but can be made at home by infusing gin with rhubarb. The infused gin can be consumed as is or used as a base for mixed cocktails. Vegen rhubarb ginger buns are deliciously sweet and tart and slightly spicy. They are not difficult to make and beautiful to look at, guaranteed to knock your socks off.