Smothered Chicken breast with onions and mushrooms & provolone cheese. Smothered chicken casserole is a super easy weeknight hit that surrounds chicken breasts with mushroom-oregano sauce and mozzarella cheese. Similar to my Mothers Smothered Chicken recipe, except we throw the raw onions and mushrooms, a mix of white and portabella or exotic. Chicken Breast With Mushrooms And Onions Recipes.
Return the chicken breasts to the pan, pushing them down into the liquid. Reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer until the chicken breasts are opaque. Turn chicken; top with mushrooms and remaining ingredients. You can have Smothered Chicken breast with onions and mushrooms & provolone cheese using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Smothered Chicken breast with onions and mushrooms & provolone cheese
- Prepare of Marinade for chicken.
- You need 2/3 cup of olive oil.
- You need 1/2 cup of balsamic vinegar.
- You need 1 tbsp of liquid smoke.
- You need 2 tsp of garlic salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dried rosemary.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- It’s 4 of -6 chicken breast.
- You need of smothered part of chicken.
- Prepare 4 slice of bacon.
- You need 2 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1 medium of onion, sliced thin.
- It’s 1 cup of sliced mushrooms.
- You need 4 of -8 slices of provolone cheese (you could use whatever cheese you like).
Smothered chicken and mushrooms transform sweet, slow-cooked onions, tender mushrooms and juicy (never dry) baked chicken into a one-pan I used bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts in this smothered chicken and mushrooms that look like they came off Godzilla. Chicken with sautéed mushrooms and creamed spinach – a full meal! Divide the spinach and mushrooms over the top of each breast. Lay two slices of cheese over each piece of.
Smothered Chicken breast with onions and mushrooms & provolone cheese step by step
- Pound out chicken breast or slice in half lengthwise, just make sure they are all about the same thickness. Add chicken into marinade mixture and marinade for 30min-2 hours in fridge..
- Cook bacon in a large skillet til crispy, drain on paper towel and set aside. In the same skillet with the bacon grease add in the butter then add the onion and cook til carmelized. Remove from skillet and set aside. In same pan add mushrooms and cook til carmelized in color, remove and set aside. You will be layering these on the chicken..
- While you are doing step 2, in another skillet or grill pan cook chicken til no longer pink and is nice and brown..
- Preheat broiler, place chicken in a casserole dish and begin layering these starting with the bacon, then mushrooms, then onion. Put under broiler just until mushrooms and onions are heated back up then remove and add cheese on top, put back under broiler just til cheese has melted..
Set aside with the onion and mushrooms. Coat a large nonstick frying pan with nonstick cooking spray and place over medium-high heat. Also, I add a few dashes of paprika, an ingredient found in other smothered chicken recipes and we love it. Cooked chicken breast with mushrooms and fried onions. Suitable for serving with all kinds of extras.