You can cook Pizza Dough using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pizza Dough
- It’s 350 grams of strong white flour.
- You need 75 grams of course semolina (plus extra for sprinking).
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 7 grams of fast acting dryed yeast.
- It’s 1 tbsp of olive oil (not extra virgin).
- Prepare 275 ml of tepid water.
Pizza Dough instructions
- In a bowl, mix flour, semolina, salt and yeast. Make a dip in the middle, pour in oil, water, then stir and squeeze everything together (hands are easiest for this). The dough should feel very sticky. When it is well mixed, cover and leave for 15 mins..
- Tip the dough on to a lightly oiled work surface and rub your hands and the inside of the bowl with oil. Knead the dough about 12 times only, giving it a quarter turn each time you knead. Tuck the ends under so it is the shape of a ball and lay it in the bowl, seam side down. Cover and leave for 10 mins. Repeat the kneading and leaving for 10 mins again, then knead and leave for 15 mins, oiling the surface and your hands each time..
- Brush a baking sheet with oil and sprinkle with a little semolina. Heat oven to 240C/fan 220C/gas 9..
- When the dough is ready, cut in half and put one half onto a lightly fl oured surface. Knead 4-5 times to squash out any air bubbles, then roll it out. At the point where it just keeps springing back, brush off the fl our from the work surface and rub on a little oil. This makes it easier to roll. Continue to roll out until you have a 28cm circle, pulling it into shape as well. Lift it onto the baking sheet (it's easier if you drape it over a rolling pin)..
- Add toppings and sauce then bake for 12-15 mins, until the topping is bubbling and the dough is going brown..