Rhubarb and Berry Crumble. A dollop of whipped topping adds a nice finishing touch to this satisfying crumble. Sometimes I drizzle a little flavored coffee creamer on top instead of the whipped topping. Rhubarb Berry Crumble. by Sarah Copeland from Every Day is Saturday !
Spread this mixture over the rhubarb. I used mixed berries as well with the rhubarb (mangoes. Bright pink and fruity rhubarb, baked with sugar, vanilla, and cardamom, with brown sugar, butter, and flour crumble topping. You can have Rhubarb and Berry Crumble using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Rhubarb and Berry Crumble
- It’s 250 g of rhubarb.
- It’s 250 g of frozen berries.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of cranberry juice.
- You need 110 g of golden caster sugar (for rhubarb).
- You need 70 g of self raising flower.
- Prepare 70 g of oats.
- You need 3 teaspoons of cinnamon.
- It’s 90 g of butter.
- You need 50 g of golden caster sugar (for topping).
- You need 50 g of chopped walnuts.
I made this today after reading your Rhubarb Berry Pie recipe… so I decided to add strawberries and blackberries to the. Getting reviews. "I love crumbles because it's easy to change up the fruit based on what's in season. rhubarb is very tart, so I combine it with strawberries to mellow out the flavor," says Bobby. I think a fruit crumble would have to be my favourite dessert of all time. There are few things more comforting than a homemade crumble.
Rhubarb and Berry Crumble instructions
- Wash the rhubarb and chop the ends off. Then gently peel back the skin of the rhubarb from the top (this will be more green than red). Peel back about 2.5cm.
- Chop the rhubarb into 2.5cm chunks. Place into a pan, together with the frozen berries, cranberry juice and golden caster sugar..
- Cover and simmer on a very low heat for roughly 20 minutes. Taste the rhubarb to see if it is sweet enough and add more sugar if needed. Take off the heat when the rhubarb is soft, but holding its shape. Take the mix off the heat and put into a baking dish.
- Heat the oven to 180C fan and meanwhile make the crumble topping. First mix the flour, oats and cinnamon together. Once mixed rub the flour mix together with the butter using your fingers. Stop when you have a soft, crumbly mix. Now add the sugar and nuts, mixing it all together with your hands.
- Sprinkle the crumble topping over the rhubarb mix and bake for approximately 30 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
I love how you've brightened this up with summer berries and sharp rhubarb – how delicious. Stew apples/rhubarb if making apple/rhubarb crumble. To Stew Apples/Rhubarb Peel, core and roughly chop apples. This Mixed Berry & Rhubarb Crumble recipe pairs sweet berries with tart rhubarb and a creamy scoop ice cream. The solution to this dessert conundrum is the crumble.