You can cook Chicken Jalfrezi using 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken Jalfrezi
- You need 5 tbsp of ghee (use olive oil for a healthier option).
- It’s 750 grams of chicken breast pieces ( I prefer to use meat on the bone, so I used chicken legs).
- You need 3 tsp of turmeric powder.
- It’s 3 large of garlic cloves, finely chopped.
- It’s 1 tbsp of ginger paste ( you can use powder instead).
- Prepare 2 tsp of ground cumin.
- It’s 1 tsp of coriander powder.
- Prepare bunch of of chopped coriander leaves.
- It’s of chili powder ( I used 1 tsp).
- Prepare 1 large of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 2 of fresh green chillies, slit lengthways, plus 1 for garnish, Optional.
- Prepare 5 of tomatoes, roughly chopped.
- Prepare 1 of lemon, juice only.
- It’s pinch of of salt.
- It’s 40 grams of butter.
- It’s of water.
Chicken Jalfrezi instructions
- Heat the oil in a pan, fry the onion and garlic over a low to medium heat for about 4-6 minutes, or until the onion becomes soft..
- In a separate bowl mix the chilli powder, turmeric and salt together. Combine well..
- Add the chicken to the powder and mix well to coat all the chicken..
- Then add the chicken to the pan and fry for about 10-15 minutes or until golden brown and it has cooked through..
- Add in the tomatoes, green chillies (if using), ginger, coriander powder and leaves and cumin into the pan. Reduce the heat to low to medium until it is simmering..
- Cover the pan with a lid and simmer for about 25-30 minutes. Stirring occasionally. Add a splash of water when the mixture becomes too dry..
- Mix in the butter and add the lemon juice to taste..
- Plate the chicken onto a dish and serve with either rice or boiled potatoes. With a naan bread on the side and a few lime or lemon wedges. If you like garnish with more fresh chopped coriander and the sliced green chilli..