Rhubarb, pear and ginger crumble – vegan.
You can have Rhubarb, pear and ginger crumble – vegan using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Rhubarb, pear and ginger crumble – vegan
- It’s of For the filling.
- It’s 6-8 sticks of rhubarb, cut into 3-5 cm chunks.
- It’s 3 of pears, peeled and cored and chopped into 3 cm chunks.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of maple syrup or coconut sugar (add more if you need it sweeter).
- You need of Juice of 1/2 lemon.
- It’s 2 cm of chunk of ginger, peeled and grated – optional.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of ground ginger.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground cardamom.
- It’s of For the topping.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of oats ground into a flour in the blender.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of oats.
- You need 1 tbsp of ground flaxseed.
- It’s 1 tbsp of dessicated coconut.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of coconut oil.
- Prepare 1-2 tbsp of maple syrup (or honey if you’re not making it vegan).
- Prepare of Some walnuts broken into small pieces or flaked almonds.
Rhubarb, pear and ginger crumble – vegan step by step
- Preheat oven to 170C..
- In a baking dish/ pie dish, put the fruit and then stir in the rest of the filling ingredients. Put it in the oven for about 10 mins..
- Meanwhile, put all the dry ingredients for the topping into a bowl. Mix well..
- In a pan, gently heat the coconut oil and maple syrup until melted and combined..
- Pour the oil/syrup mix into the bowl with the dry ingredients..
- Take the pie dish out of the oven. Press the oat topping mix on top of the fruit. Sprinkle the nuts on top. Bake for 25-35 mins until the top is golden brown..
- Serve and enjoy 😋.