Gumbo. With a slow cooked roux and gumbo file powder flavoring the shrimp, crabmeat, and andouille sausage, this gumbo is an authentic creole meal. Gumbo is a soup or stew that is served alongside or on top of rice. Jambalaya is a casserole that is cooked in the same pot as the rice. Перевод слова gumbo, американское и британское произношение, транскрипция gumbo soil — США чернозёмный глинистый грунт; глинистый чернозём gumbo trap — гумболовушка heavy.
Try this gumbo recipe and get more comfort food ideas and recipes from Food.com. This is originally a shrimp gumbo recipe, but it's gumbo, so you can add whatever turns you on. Gumbo is Gumby & Minga's dad and Gumba's husband. You can have Gumbo using 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Gumbo
- It’s 1 lb of Cajun sausage, cut into 1/4 inch slices.
- You need 4 of Skinned bone-in chicken breast halves.
- You need of Vegetable Oil.
- It’s 3/4 cup of Flour.
- You need 1 medium of onion, chopped.
- You need 1/2 of Green bell pepper, chopped.
- It’s 2 of Celery ribs.
- It’s 2 quart of Hot water.
- You need 3 clove of Garlic, minced.
- You need 2 of Bay leaves.
- You need 2 tsp of Creole seasoning.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Dried thyme.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Worcestershire suace.
- You need 1 tsp of Hot sauce.
- It’s 4 of Scallions, sliced.
- Prepare of File powder.
- You need of Hot cooked rice.
He works as a firefighter at the fire department. He is voiced by Dave Wilson. Gumbo is very tall and skin is the color red. His eyes, mouth, nose, and eyebrows are very similar to Gumby's.
- Cook sausage, stirring constantly, 5 minutes or until browned. Drain on paper towels, reserve drippings. set sausage aside..
- Cook chicken in reserved drippings 5 minutes or until browned. Remove to paper towels, reserve drippings..
- Add enough oil to drippings to measure 1/2 cup. Add flour and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until roux is chocolate colored (about 20 to 25 minutes)..
- Stir in onion, green pepper, celery and cook, stirring often, 8 minutes or until tender. Gradually add water and bring to boil. Add chicken, garlic and next 5 ingredients. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, 1 hour. Remove chicken, let cool..
- Add sausage to gumbo, cook for 30 minutes. Stir in green onions, cook for 30 more minutes..
- Bone chicken and cut I to strips. Return to gumbo and simmer 5 minutes. Remove and discard bay leaves..
- Remove gumbo from heat. Sprinkle with file powder if desired. Serve over hot cooked rice.
Green gumbo, or gumbo z'herbes, is a Lenten tradition in Louisiana. Ironically, it is not always vegetarian, as The tradition for gumbo z'herbes is to include many different kinds of greens in the. Though gumbo may be considered a soup or a stew and jambalaya is more of a casserole, there's a Gumbo vs. Become a seasoned pro when it comes to telling. New Orleans Gumbo has been called the greatest contribution of Louisiana kitchens to American cuisine.