Curried chicken with apricots. Today's Chicken Apricot Curry is another mild curry with sweet accents from dried apricots. Fresh apricots are currently in season but I chose to use dried ones because they are sweeter and hold their shape better. They were a nice counterpoint to the rich creamy sauce.
Let soak while you brown the chicken. Curried Apricot Chicken With Crisco Original No-stick Cooking Spray, Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Halves, Crisco Pure Olive Oil, Chopped Onion, Dried Mixed Fruit, Water, Curry Powder, Lemon Juice, Salt, Pepper, Cooked White Rice, Smucker's Low Sugar Reduced Sugar Apricot Preserves. Make this easy Apricot Chicken skillet dinner! You can cook Curried chicken with apricots using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Curried chicken with apricots
- It’s 1 tbsp of veg oil.
- You need 3 large of chicken breasts skinless, bone in.
- It’s 2 tbsp of curry.
- You need 1 cup of red or orange pepper diced.
- It’s 2 cup of diced onion.
- You need 2 cup of fresh or canned diced tomatoes.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 8 of dried apricots quartered into slices.
- Prepare 2 cup of water.
- You need 1 cup of coconut milk.
- It’s 1/2 cup of fresh cilantro coarsely chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of green onions thinly sliced.
It's ready in under an hour and makes Make the apricot sauce: Marinate the apricots with sugar and vinegar. Set aside a few cups for Rosemary Duck with Apricots. Chicken drumsticks are baked, then simmered in a sweet and savory curry sauce with bites of plump dried apricots and crunchy water chestnuts. I love apricot juice as the base for this curry dish.
Curried chicken with apricots instructions
- add oil to pan and brown chicken about 10 min..
- set chicken aside and add curry to pan, stirring in residual oil, then add peppers, onions, salt and cook over med hi for 5 min. add tomatoes, apricot browned chicken and water and bring to boil then lower to simmer. cover and cook till chicken is done, about 20 min.. remove chicken and allow to cool so it can be handled..
- add coconut milk to pot and cook on low heat till slightly thickened…about 10 min. meanwhile tear chicken apart into bite size pieces and place into thickened sauce along with cilantro and green onions..
Chicken drumsticks are an economical meat option, but any bone-in pieces would do. This unique Curried Chicken Sandwich is a delicious addition to lunch for work or school. Pack your lunch with an Apricot and Curried Chicken Sandwich. Curried Chicken Thighs with Cauliflower, Apricots & Olives. by Molly Gilbert. Slow-Cooker Braised Apricot Chicken with Carrots.