Basic Italian pizza dough.
You can have Basic Italian pizza dough using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Basic Italian pizza dough
- It’s 3 cup of warm water.
- It’s 1 tbsp of sugar.
- Prepare 3/4 tbsp of yeast.
- You need 1 tbsp of salt.
- You need 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil.
- It’s 7 cup of 00 flour.
Basic Italian pizza dough step by step
- stir sugar and yeast into warm water. wait 10 minutes. the yeast should begin to foam across the surface. if it doesn't foam, begin again. when the foam appears across the surface, stir in salt, and 2 Tbsp olive oil..
- place flour in a large mixing bowl. add the liquid and stir until we'll mixed. tip out onto a lightly floured surface. knead the dough until it is smooth and no longer sticky (if the dough is sticky, work in a little more flour). kneading by hand should take 3 to 4 minutes. (if freezing, then form into 6 to 8 balls, run with olive oil, place in plastic baggie and freeze.).
- rub a large bowl with remaining olive oil, plus rub a little oil over the entire surface of the dough. place the dough in the bowl. cover with plastic wrap or a towel. place in a warm area of the kitchen. let rise until the dough doubles in size, about 1 1/2 hours..
- form into 6 to 8 balls. flatten a ball. then hold it upright and punch the top edge, letting the weight of the dough start to stretch the dough. rotate and dough in your hands, continuing to punch the dough until it becomes very thin..
- preheat a pizza stone in a 450°F oven or barbeque. add toppings to dough. slide onto stone and cook until the crust becomes crisp and the cheese melts. eat..