Mexican Lime Soup with Chicken. Easy and delicious Mexican chicken soup! With tomato, habanero, tortilla strips, and lime. These are ingredients that simply love each other.
The clear broth is light enough for summer, and has a deliciously spicy, sour, and salty broth that will keep you coming back for This Chicken and Lime Soup was inspired by a trip to a Mexican restaurant where I had the most amazing tangy Caldo Xochitl. Today will be the perfect day to serve this Mexican Lime Soup w/ Chicken. I made it a few weeks back and it was a big hit. You can have Mexican Lime Soup with Chicken using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mexican Lime Soup with Chicken
- It’s 2-3 of limes.
- It’s 2-3 of bone-in chicken breast halves or chicken legs with back attached.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of Salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of tground pepper.
- You need 1 Tbsp of Olive oil.
- It’s 1 of large white onion, chopped.
- It’s 5 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 8 oz. of diced green chiles (optional).
- It’s 4 cups of low sodium chicken broth.
- You need 4 cups of water.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp. of Ground cumin.
- It’s 1 of avocado, peeled (sliced or chopped).
- You need of Shredded Monterey Jack cheese.
My family is a fan of almost any The soup is really easy to throw together. In this hearty chicken soup, Mexican oregano lends an herbal aroma and strong, spicy flavor, which is countered by the fragrant garlic, piquant jalapeño chili and tart lime juice. Mexican Chicken Soup is flavorful soup made with lime, cilantro, onion, and a jalapeño to spice it up! It is topped with a fresh slice of avocado and served with Mexican Chicken Soup.
Mexican Lime Soup with Chicken step by step
- Cut one lime into 4 – 6 wedges and set aside for serving. Juice 1 – 2 limes to make 1/4 cup. (One big lime may be enough.).
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper..
- In a large soup pot, sauté the onion until translucent, about 4 minutes. Add the garlic and diced chilies and cook for another minute or two..
- Add the chicken, broth, water, lime juice, cumin, salt and pepper to the onion mixture..
- Increase the heat to high and bring the soup to a boil, skimming off any foam that rises to the surface. Reduce the heat to medium low, cover partially and simmer until the chicken is no longer pink in the middle, about 40 minutes..
- Remove the chicken from the soup and shred or cut into pieces. Gently stir the chicken back into the soup..
- Serve topped with shredded Monterey Jack cheese, avocado, and additional limes..
We eat at our local restaurant, Mi Casita almost once a week. Thin strips of chicken breast are simmered in broth with jalapenos, onion, garlic and lime and then combined with avocado and topped with crisp corn tortilla strips in this This is the perfect soup to accompany your Mexican Food dinner. This Mexican Chicken Lentil Soup recipe is made with the most delicious zesty flavors, and easy to make in either the Instant Pot, Crock-Pot or on the stovetop. It's a cold and rainy day here in Barcelona, and I'm going on day five (oof) of a spring cold, so today seemed like the perfect day for this cozy. A soup that's incredibly easy, deliciously fresh, and brimming with flavorful chicken and plenty of tempting avocados.