Rhubarb Syrup. Rhubarb was wildly popular in Victorian England after a new variety was introduced at Queen Victoria's coronation. Make a simple syrup infused with springtime rhubarb for use in beverages and cocktails. Add a few coins of ginger or a few large pieces of orange peel to the rhubarb at the start of the cooking time.
It also has a pleasing economy: you get a lovely syrup to make drinks with, alcoholic and nonalcoholic. To make a Rhubarb Syrup it is just as easy as all you add in is rhubarb. We made this amazing Rhubarb Margarita with our syrup! You can cook Rhubarb Syrup using 5 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Rhubarb Syrup
- It’s 600 g of Rhubarb.
- You need 300 g of Sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Vanilla Extract.
- It’s 1 tsp of Lemon juice.
- It’s 200 ml of Water.
Tart and sweet and such a gorgeous color too. Sip up spring with this floral syrup. Rhubarb Dessert Dinner Party Picnic Punch Vegetarian Condiments Cocktails Drink Make Ahead DIY Spring Easy. Making Rhubarb Ginger Simple Syrup: Add a cup of sugar to a small saucepan.
Rhubarb Syrup instructions
- Add the chopped rhubarb, sugar and water to a pot. Give a stir to coat the rhubarb in sugar and then put on a medium heat..
- Keep the lid half on the pot so some steam can escape. Once it starts to simmer, take off the lid completely. Stir occasionally and let it simmer for a further 15 mins..
- Take off the heat and sieve the rhubarb mix into a bowl or jug to remove the pulp from the liquid. Add the vanilla extract and lemon juice and then put the syrup back on the heat for 2 minutes or so, depending how thick you want it. If you don't like vanilla or want a more lemony zing then you can just leave the extract out..
- Transfer to a clean glass bottle using a funnel to stop any spillage. Let the syrup cool to room temperature before storing in the fridge where it will keep for about a month..
- TIP: The leftover rhubarb pulp is great a little compote and can also be used for making puddings or jams..
Find rhubarb syrup stock images in HD and millions of other royalty-free stock photos, illustrations and vectors in the Shutterstock collection. Thousands of new, high-quality pictures added every day. If we can grow one thing well in Alaska, it's RHUBARB. Let me know if you make this Rhubarb Simple Syrup Recipe, and how you used it! Simmer everything until the rhubarb is nice and soft and then strain the solids. (Reserve the solids and serve over vanilla ice cream, etc.).