SAUSAGE AND RICE STUFFED CHICKEN BREAST. Brown rice stuffing made with Italian chicken sausage, celery, mushrooms, and onions. Serve this as a Thanksgiving side dish or you can even enjoy this. While the rice is cooking, in a large heavy saute pan cook chicken sausage on medium heat, breaking up the meat into small pieces as it cooks until.
Chicken breasts are rolled around lightly cooked asparagus with deli ham and Cheddar cheese, baked, and served on cheesy tomato-flavored rice. Stuffed chicken breasts pack your favorite ingredients into a quick and easy recipe that makes chicken desirable again. Chicken dinners can get real boring, real fast. You can have SAUSAGE AND RICE STUFFED CHICKEN BREAST using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of SAUSAGE AND RICE STUFFED CHICKEN BREAST
- It’s 6 of boneless, skinless chicken breast, pounded thin.
- You need 1 of packet spanish rice, pre-cooked.
- You need 1/4 lb of each hot sausage and chorizo.
- Prepare 1/2 of green bell pepper, chopped.
- You need 2 of green onions, chopped.
- You need 1 small of onion, chopped.
- It’s 1 can of rotel tomatoes.
- You need 1 tsp of of each: paprika,chili powder, garlic powder and onion flakes or powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of chipotle chili powder, cumin and salt, pepper.
- You need 1 of packet Sazon seasoning(latin spice mix).
Next time you cook up a chicken breast, try stuffing it with your favorite flavors — caprese, fajita, Greek, and more. These plump chicken breasts are stuffed with an andouille-spiked rice and vegetable mixture, then topped with a creamy Creole shrimp sauce. Why this recipe works: Pounding the chicken breast halves and trimming them into an even rectangular shape makes stuffing and rolling easier. Skinless and boneless chicken breasts often come out dry, tough, and tasteless, especially when cooked on the grill.
SAUSAGE AND RICE STUFFED CHICKEN BREAST step by step
- Pound out chicken breast thin then season both sides with dry season mixture..
- Make rice per instructions then add in sauted bell pepper, onion, green onion and drained can rotel tomatoes..
- Spread thin layer of sausage mix and a thin layer of cooked rice over meat..
- Roll chicken up and secure with toothpicks or string. Sear on top of stove. Finish in oven.
- pre-heat oven to 350°F add seared chicken and cook for 30 minutes..
Squeeze the sausage meat out of the skins and mix with the spring onions and sage. Season to taste with salt and pepper. This sticky rice stuffed chicken breast is a beautiful thing. I'm probably going against the grain quite a bit here, but chicken breast is one of my least favorite foods. While most Americans overwhelmingly prefer white meat, I'm a dark meat girl myself.