Stuffed Santa Fe Chicken. Santa Fe Chicken & Stuffing. to favorites. Stuffing lovers will rejoice when you serve this delicious casserole that combines chicken, green chiles, corn and cornbread stuffing. Be the first to review this recipe.
How could I not create a tortilla-breaded chicken enchilada stuffed with a. Loosen skin from each chicken breast to form pocket between skin and meat. Crock Pot Santa Fe Chicken Freezer and Meal Prep Tips: To meal prep, place in microwave safe plastic or glass containers with rice, quinoa or cauliflower rice and toppings and refrigerate to reheat for the week. You can have Stuffed Santa Fe Chicken using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Stuffed Santa Fe Chicken
- It’s 3/4 tsp of chili powder.
- You need 3/4 tsp of cumin.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of paprika.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of unseasoned dry bread crumbs.
- It’s 2 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of chopped celery.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of chopped onion.
- It’s 1/2 cup of corn.
- It’s 1/4 cup of shredded montery jack cheese.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of chopped fresh cilantro.
- Prepare 4 of chicken breast halves, bone-in with skiin.
Cut a pocket in each chicken breast and spoon in the stuffing mixture abundantly. Close with toothpicks or they are best when fixed ahead. This Santa Fe Chicken recipe from Delish.com is the bomb. Tex-Mex at its finest: This skillet chicken is topped with melty cheddar and a delicious black bean-red onion mixture.
Stuffed Santa Fe Chicken step by step
- spray 12×8-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. in small bowl, combine chili powder,cumin,salt and paprika; mix well. reserve 1 teaspoon seasoning mixture; set aside. to remaining mixture, add bread crumbs; mix well..
- preheat broiler and oven to 350°F.
- in medium skillet, melt butter over medium heat. add celery and onion; cook 5 to 7 minutes or until vegetables are tender. add corn,cheese,cilantro and bread crumb mixture; mix well..
- loosen skin from each chicken breast to form a pocket between skin and meat. fill each pocket with about 1/2 cup corn mixture; secure opening with toothpick. place skin side up in banking dish. sprinkle chicken with reserved seasoning mixture..
- broil 4 to 6 inches from heat for 5 to 7 minutes or until skin is brown..
- remove baking dish from broiler and cover with foil. put in oven and bake at 350°F for 35 to 45 minutes or until juices run clear..
Chicken and rice are dressed up with a zippy sauce for a complete meal that's ready in a dash. Garnished with fresh cilantro, it's a festive weeknight supper or special occasion menu. -Jon Carole Gilbreath of Tyler, Texas. This chicken santa fe recipe is Mexican seasoned chicken breasts smothered in melted cheese, black beans, corn and peppers. An easy dinner option that's great for a busy weeknight! Bored of the same old chicken dinners?