Chicken Breast in Citrus Buttermilk.
You can cook Chicken Breast in Citrus Buttermilk using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken Breast in Citrus Buttermilk
- Prepare 6 piece of chicken breasts.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of cooking oil (optional).
- You need of For Marinating.
- It’s 6 piece of dalandan (citrus aurantium; orange fruit).
- It’s 10 piece of calamansi (calamondin orange).
- Prepare of salt and pepper.
- It’s of For Citrus Buttermilk Spread.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Dairy Creme Buttermilk.
- Prepare 5 piece of calamansi (calamondin orange).
- You need 1 tbsp of kinchay (cilantro, chinese parsley, chinese celery).
- It’s of ground black pepper.
Chicken Breast in Citrus Buttermilk step by step
- Marinate the chicken breasts, preferably overnight. Make sure to remove dalandan and calamansi seeds. Salt and pepper should be rubbed into the chicken breast..
- Prepare the citrus buttermilk spread. Finely mince the kinchay. Squeeze the calamansi into a small bowl, removing the seeds. Soften the Dairy Creme Buttermilk without melting it completely. Incorporate the calamansi juice, the kinchay and add pepper. Put the mixture into the refrigerator and bring it out right before cooking the marinated breasts..
- Fry the marinated chicken in cooking oil. A healthier option is to either grill it or broil it in order to lessen the oil content of the dish..
- Immediately after cooking the marinated breasts, use a spatula to slather the citrus buttermilk spread on them while they are hot. This would allow the butter to melt onto the surface..
- Enjoy the dish with either mushroom or asparagus soup, and rice..