Grilled chicken with bourdin and sun dried tomatoes. Boursin cheese and sun-dried tomatoes makes a stuffing for the inside of these grilled-chicken breasts. I also used sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil, too. In this case, I didn't even drain them to get rid of excess oil, because the more olive oil in this recipe, the better.
As I plated the grilled chicken and parsley salad, I was worried there wouldn't be enough flavor in this dish. Spinach Salad with Chicken Sun Dried Tomato and Avocado. Those sun dried tomatoes here really do pack a flavorful punch, which is why you'll only need a small amount. You can have Grilled chicken with bourdin and sun dried tomatoes using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Grilled chicken with bourdin and sun dried tomatoes
- Prepare of Brine.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Kosher salt.
- You need 1/2 cup of Sugar.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of Orange juice.
- You need 8 of Boneless chicken breast with skin on.
- It’s 1 of Water to cover.
- Prepare of Stuffing.
- It’s 8 oz of Light herb boursin cheese.
- It’s 3 1/2 oz of Sun dried tomatoes, not packed in oil, chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Packed basil leaves, coarsely chopped.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Olive oil.
- It’s 1 of Salt and pepper to taste.
- You need 1 of Favorite all purpose seasoning, to taste.
Put the chicken in a shallow nonreactive pan or plate. Brush the chicken breast with olive oil and cook on a pre-heated grill pan until just cooked through. The chicken should be golden on both sides and criss-crossed with markings from the grill pan. The salty sun-dried tomatoes, fresh and bright broccoli, and small morsels of garlicky grilled chicken combine to make a complete, flavorful meal.
Grilled chicken with bourdin and sun dried tomatoes step by step
- In a large bowl whisk together the salt, sugar and orange juice. Trim any excess fat from chicken but leave the skin intact so it covers entire breast. Place the chicken in the bowl and pour enough water to cover. Refrigerate for 4 hours..
- After brining for 4 hours, stir together the cheese, sun dried tomatoes and basil. Set aside..
- Preheat grill to medium high heat and oil grill grates. Remove the chicken from the brine and rinse well under cold water. Pat dry..
- Carefully cut a slit into side of chicken breast to form a deep pocket. Place about 1/4 cup of the cheese mixture in each pocket, pressing it in so its not at the opening. Secure close with toothpicks..
- Brush the skin with olive oil and sprinkle with salt, pepper and favorite all purpose seasoning..
- Place chicken skin side down on the grill. Cover grill and cook about 6 minutes, watching for flare ups. Turn the chicken when it easily pulls from the grate. Continue cooking until cooked through. Internal temp should be 165°. Remove from heat and let rest 5 minutes..
- Prep time of 40 minutes does not include brining time.
- Calories with skin: 350 calories, 43% calories from fat, 16 grams of fat, 5 grams sat fat, 2 grams carbs, 46 grams protein, 441 mg sodium, 124 mg cholesterol.
Mince the garlic in a food processor fitted with a steel blade. Add the drained tomatoes and the rest of the ingredients for the paste and process until pureed and the consistency of a thick paste. Finally, sprinkle with fresh parsley and serve. Hi Katerina, Yes, i did use sun-dried tomatoes,the addition of more garlic and oregano helped some, but next time i will see about getting grilled artichokes, thankyou C. Sun-dried tomatoes, basil and fat-free cream of mushroom soup combine to make a luscious, Mediterranean-style sauce for sautéed chicken and egg noodles.