Napolitan pizza dough. Neapolitan pizza is made from a lean dough—that is, it's got nothing but flour, water, salt, and yeast. With so few ingredients, the key to great Neapolitan pizza crust is a good. Create delicious Neapolitan style pizza on the grill thanks to this no knead pizza dough recipe.
The San Marzano variety of tomato is a type of Italian tomato that is most often used on Neapolitan pizza. All you have to do here is type in what kind of pizza you want to make – Neapolitan, in this case -, how big you want them to be and how many you're going to make. Remember that Neapolitan pizza dough fermentation is a function of time and temperature. You can have Napolitan pizza dough using 4 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Napolitan pizza dough
- It’s 1 L of cold water (25 C is ok).
- It’s 50 g of salt.
- It’s 2 g of raw yeast.
- Prepare of Pizza flour as needed (will take around 1.4 kg).
Once you commit to a temperature you kind of need to stick to it… Ball your dough. This pizza dough develops its tender texture and subtle yet complex flavor through its slow, three-day rise. Gluten, the protein complex in wheat that becomes tangled into sticky, stretchy dough when you knead flour with water, is crucial to a great. Learn how to make authentic Neapolitan pizza dough and simple tomato sauce, topped with fresh mozzarella cheese, fresh basil, and olive oil.
Napolitan pizza dough step by step
- In a big bowl, put water and mix the salt until you cannot feel it anymore with your fingers.
- Genltly wet the yeast and scrub it with your hand to let it melt into the water.
- Start adding flour (please use Caputo flour or any other flour with high containt of protein, something around 13 g per 100 g will be good) while mixing and continue in the bowl until it becomes a mass hard enough to be tranferred on the table\.
- Mix the dough by stretching it and pushing it to the table. This facilitates the formation of gluten. Please mix the dough for around 20 min as this is the time needed for the gluten to be formed mechanically by this process. Please also fold it over and over to immagazinate air that will feed yeast bacteria for a better fermentation..
- Now the dough should be smooth and elastic. Cut it in 200-250 g balls max and put them in a container where you lay a thin layer of olive oil (to not make the balls stick to the container). Put the cover and let them rest around 10 h at room temperature..
The Neapolitan Pizza Dough always starts with the water, whether this be for technical or traditional reasons. So which water is best to use? Even tap water is fine – if it is potable of course. Mike Fitzick, also known as The Pizza Jew recently flew over to Gozney HQ to share his tips and tricks for the perfect Roccbox pizzas. Mike lifted the lid on this top secret dough recipe.