Rhubarb (Custard) Pie. Rhubarb Custard Pie is a decadent dessert recipe perfect for a sweet summer treat. A flaky pie crust is filled with a rich egg custard and tart rhubarb for a classic pie you will adore! This classic rhubarb custard pie is the perfect dessert for a spring or summer cookout or potluck.
In Grandmother's day, rhubarb was considered a "spring tonic". Although it's technically a vegetable, it is usually served as a fruit. Rhubarb, technically a vegetable, is known for its very tart flavor and the fact that only the stalks are edible. You can have Rhubarb (Custard) Pie using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Rhubarb (Custard) Pie
- Prepare 3 cup of raw rhubarb.
- Prepare 1 cup of flour.
- Prepare 1 cup of white sugar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 2 of eggs (unbeaten).
- Prepare 1 of TOPPING.
- You need 1 cup of flour.
- You need 1/3 cup of butter.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
DIRECTIONS Scatter rhubarb in pie plate. We would have Rhubarb preserves, Rhubarb and Strawberry pie, and this Rhubarb custard pie. This is from the archives of my grandmother, Ethel Eynard. Share: Rate this Recipe Pour rhubarb puree into pie crust, then pour the custard mixture over that.
Rhubarb (Custard) Pie step by step
- Mix all above ingredients except for topping and put into unbaked pie shell..
- Mix topping ingredients into crumbs and place on top of pie..
- Bake at 425°F for 10 min., then at 350°F for 30-40 min..
We chose Rhubarb Custard Pie, one of my husband's favorite recipes. His mother taught me how to make this amazing pie. Rhubarb Custard Pie. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Spring would not be complete without a RHUBARB CUSTARD PIE. Here is my version, plus two other rhubarb classics.