Grilled chicken cubes with garlic and spices – shish taouk. I used Chicken thighs instead of breast, Egg Replacer to substitute the egg and I would recommend to marinate overnight. HOW: As grilled chicken marinates in a yogurt-lemon sauce, make a smooth garlic emulsion in the blender. Skewer the chicken, plenty of vegetables, halloumi, and lemon, then cook on the grill.
Shish Tawook (or Shish Taouk) is a traditional Middle Eastern marinated chicken dish. Chicken shawarma most often adds warmer spices (cinnamon, allspice, etc) and omits the lemon brightness, for a deeper flavored meat. Chicken chunks are marinated in yogurt, lemon juice, and several spices before being skewered with onions and bell peppers. You can have Grilled chicken cubes with garlic and spices – shish taouk using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Grilled chicken cubes with garlic and spices – shish taouk
- You need 1 kg of chicken breasts, cut in medium cubes.
- You need of – For the marinade:.
- It’s 1/2 cup of ketchup.
- You need 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise.
- It’s 2/3 cup of vegetable oil.
- It’s 1/2 cup of lemon juice.
- Prepare 10 cloves of garlic, crushed.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of dried thyme.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of 7 spices.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of paprika.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of salt.
Who could resist these beautifully grilled cubes of chicken known as Lebanese Shish Taouk? Marinated in yogurt, lemon juice, tomato puree, loads of garlic and exotic spices, this is one excellent chicken shish taouk recipe. I have a FREE PRINTABLE for you. Fire up your grill you guys!
Grilled chicken cubes with garlic and spices – shish taouk step by step
- To prepare the marinade, mix the ketchup and mayonnaise in a deep bowl. Add the lemon juice and stir well so the mixture does not clot..
- Add in the crushed garlic, thyme, 7 spices, black pepper, paprika, and salt. Mix well. Gradually add the vegetable oil while stirring..
- Add the chicken pieces to the bowl, mix well and let them marinate in the refrigerator for 3 hr..
- Preheat the oven on medium heat, transfer the chicken cubes with their marinade to an oven tray and put it in the oven for 30 to 45 min or until the chicken is well done and the sauce thickens..
- Serve with garlic cream and fried potatoes..
- Note: You can find the recipe 'garlic cream' in this application..
A perfect summer grilling recipe with aromatic flavors and spices packed in it. Fire up your grill you guys! It's loaded with flavors with wonderful chicken Skewer the chicken cubes along with cubed capsicum and cubed onions. I never heard of kebabs like that but of course, I am American. Easy Grilled Chicken Breast Recipe + Homemade Spice Rub.