Frieda’s Rhubarb Cake. LOTS of Rhubarb Cake Recipes to make with fresh or frozen rhubarb, including the best homemade rhubarb coffee cakes You Bet! Rhubarb makes delicious and flavourful cakes of all kinds! Other than adding an extra cup of chopped rhubarb I followed the directions exactly and the cake.
This one bowl Quick Rhubarb Cake is extremely simple to make and even easier to eat! You will want to make it over and over again! I think that my husband's grandparents were trying to scare me away. You can have Frieda’s Rhubarb Cake using 8 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Frieda’s Rhubarb Cake
- You need 200 g of sugar.
- It’s 100 g of unsalted butter.
- You need of Vanilla extract.
- It’s 3 of eggs.
- It’s 150 g of white flour.
- You need 50 g of potato starch.
- You need 2 of small bags of baking powder.
- It’s 375 g of Rhubarb.
This easy cake batter requires no mixer and comes together in minutes. The final result is a rich, custardy cake that plays perfectly off the tart rhubarb topping. Rhubarb Streusel Cake with Vanilla Bean Sauce. Rhubarb Coffee Cake is topped with cookie-like streusel and every bite is studded with juicy Rhubarb Coffee Cake is my favorite coffee cake when rhubarb is in season!
Frieda’s Rhubarb Cake instructions
- Mix with a blender 100 g of unsalted butter cut into cubes, 100 g of sugar and 1 spoon of vanilla extract. Mix until no lumps.
- 3 eggs, separate the egg white from the yolk. The egg white goes in the refrigerator, the yolk in the mix, mix well..
- Add 150g of white flour and mix well.
- Add 50 g of potato starch and mix well.
- Add 2 small bags of baking powder and mix well. Dough becomes serious and real. This is happenings.
- Butter the baking tray well, add dough evenly, have some edges on the side.
- Add cut rhubarb on the dough.
- Put in the oven, 180’, fan, middle of oven, no trays. For 50 minutes.
- 10’ before the 50’ are through, mix in a bowl 100 g of sugar with the 3 egg whites. Mix well high speed to “soft peaks”.
- When 50’ are oven, take the tray out, spread the soft peaks on the dough. 150’ for 15’ and you’re done..
This recipe is an old one from a women's club cookbook I've had forever. Rye & Rhubarb Anytime Cake. by: Sarah Jampel. For more rhubarb recipes (breads, pies, upside-down cake, spread), see our "Best Rhubarb Recipes" page. Share: Rate this Recipe Let me show you how to make the moist and delicious rhubarb cake with my recipe that's so good I It doesn't have a strong rhubarb taste. I hope you enjoy making it as much as I do.